Disaster Recovery/Business Resumption
- What are the essential elements of a business resumption
- How is a disaster recovery/business resumption plan developed?
- What is the purpose of a disaster recovery/business resumption
- What steps would you take to insure that a disaster
recovery/business resumption plan is tied to business requirements?
- Within the business environment, what are the operations areas
that may be leveraged with e-commerce?
- Tell us about your experience with electronic commerce.
- What are some of the pitfalls when an e-commerce strategy is
- Name five characteristics of successful e-commerce sites.
- What experience have you had in help desk operations?
- What skills will you look for in staffing a help desk
- What items of information would you request from a user to
effectively address a technical problem?
- What is the Internet?
- Tell us about your experience in developing or maintaining an
- In what ways can the Internet help public service agencies
improve service to the public?
- The City has implemented an Internet site. Name some of the
means by which an Internet site may be used to improve communication with the citizens and
encourage community involvement.
- What are the factors to consider in establishing a Web
- Why are a number of applications advocating the use of
- What is an Intranet?
Complete Intranet Resource
features articles, case studies, white papers and more for establishing and operating an
- What are the benefits of an Intranet?
- Name five benefits of a company Intranet.
Common interface, supports a corporate culture of shared knowledge, and
standardization of support on the server side are three benefits.
- What experience do you have with mainframe computers?
- Tell us about your work as it relates to the operation of a
- What opportunities are available to leverage an organization's
investment in mainframes with its network investment?
- Tell us about your experience in network administration
- Explain to us what local area networks and wide area networks
are, and how, if at all, are they related.
- What experience do you have in implementing and supporting
- What is the difference between e-mail and groupware?
- Our department has already installed an e-mail application.
What steps would you recommend for us to leverage our e-mail system?
- What is a router?
- Define bandwidth.
The amount of data that can be transferred over a network in a specified period
of time. Typically, bandwidth is expressed as bits per second.
- What are the steps that you can take to develop a security
policy for your company network?
Include determine responsibility, address remote access, communicate a usage
policy, and develop a plan to address violations.
- What experience do you have with personal computers?
Talk about the programs/applications that you've worked on and what you've done.
Highlight important or complex assignments that you've completed.
- In what ways have you used personal computers in your
- What are the benefits of using personal computers?
- Given current advancements in technology, how can our company
effectively manage our investment in personal computers?
- What has been your experience in developing applications?
- What has been your experience in developing multimedia
- You have been asked to develop an application for the public
to obtain general information about the state government. The application will run in
kiosks in state buildings. To facilitate public use, what features might you include in
- Tell us about a difficult or complex programming assignment
you've had. What steps did you take and how successful were you?
- What is the system development life cycle?
- What is rapid application development?
- Tell us about your experience in migrating from one
application to another. What steps did you take to maintain user satisfaction during the
- What techniques and tools can you use to insure that a new
application is as user friendly as possible?
- What actions can you take to insure that user requirements are
appropriately addressed in the implementation of a new application?
- What are the physical and electronic security considerations
in supporting the information technology requirements of an organization?
- What are the various tools and measures that can be
implemented to secure data?
- You have been asked to justify the purchase of a new automated
system. What considerations will you include?
- You have been asked to evaluate a new automated system.
What steps will you take?
- How would you compare the use of a mainframe system
versus a personal computer system?
- What experience do you have with using management
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a client-server
application versus a mainframe-based application?
- What is workflow?
- How can document management be used to improve the flow of
information in an organization?
- What are some of the reasons for automating a process or
- You have been given the assignment to track contracts. Which
office productivity program will you use? (word processing, database, spreadsheet)
- Your assignment is to automate a clerical process. What
steps will you take in carrying out your assignment?
- How would you go about determining the user requirements for a
new information system?
- To what extent have you developed user documentation in your
- In which situations, might an optical imaging application be
- Under which circumstances would an organization consider
migrating from an older version of software to the new version?
- What are the benefits of establishing hardware and software
- Name some methods for maintaining an accurate hardware and