Makes A Great Manager?
Supervision tips and free resources. A good resource for answers to
management and supervision situational questions.
much are you worth?
cover letters and resumes lead to winning interviews:
Cover Letter Creator
writing services with a 100% guarantee.
time and land your new job faster. Post instantly to over 75 career
your resume to 1000's of recruiters
the job you interview for -- without ‘interview jitters’, embarrassment,
or being stumped by trick interview questions.
Matt & Nan DeLuca and the
experts will prepare you for your
interview with the Complete
to more than 50
Toughest Interview Situations to more than 50
Toughest Interview Situations -
follow-up calls & letters, illegal questions
Control your nerves and
give natural, unrehearsed answers
Questions to ask the
Review hundreds of skills
and abilities questions and answer tips
Companies need to blend in-house staff with outside
contractors. Here's what to do when part of your team doesn't really feel like part
of the team. CIO Magazine,
October 1, 1998.
- What are the characteristics of a successful team?
- Tell us about an unsuccessful team of which you were a
member. What, if anything, could you have done differently?
- Tell us about a successful team of which you were a
member. What was the most outstanding characteristic of that team? What did you
- What are the important qualities a person should have to
become an effective team member?
- What qualities do you have that make you an effective team
- Do you work better by yourself or as part of a team?
- What can you contribute to establish a positive working
environment for our team?
- What type of people do you work best with?
- What factors would you consider in assembling a project team?
- Name some of the pitfalls to be avoided in building an
- Through what tools can a committee become more useful or
- What actions can a supervisor take to establish teamwork in
- You supervise a group of civilian employees. Your employees
appear to be at odds with the uniformed personnel. What steps can you take to improve the
teamwork between civilian and uniformed personnel?
- What are the advantages, if any, of establishing team goals as
opposed to individual goals?
For more interview
questions and answer tips, order the Complete
INTERVIEW IN DEPTH
A detailed answer and analysis of a tough
interview question from Matt & Nan DeLuca, authors of the best selling
Answers to the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions" and
Best Answers to the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions"
What things make a good team member?
Consider first the situational context of the question.
What is the team environment of the organization that you are interviewing---do
they have a strong, organized team-based work environment or is it based on informal
authority and fluctuating teams? Ideally, you should have had an opportunity to
research and ask some questions about the organization to determine how they operate (and
if indeed you want to work in that environment.)
Model your responses to the organization. Obviously,
you are describing yourself = good team member. My ideas of what makes a good team
member may be very different from yours---and from the organization. Also depends on
where you are in the team---new member, leader, support. How do you see
yourself? How do you make yourself fit into a new team? How do you elicit
cooperation from other team members? What do you think the organization's biggest
problem is relative to teams and team-building? And, what solution could you